Three-way data - parallel
Requirements for this data format are:
- The data file should have 3 + N columns, representing tester (e.g., test environment), block (replicate), entry (e.g., genotype), and measured values for each of the N traits, respectively.
- The first row is the header, containing the names of the columns, i.e., "Tester name", "Block name", "Entry name", and names for each of the N traits. You could put "End" after the trait name, but this is not required.
- Each subsequent row contains tester name, block (replication) name, entry name, and measured value for each trait, respectively.
- The data do not have to be balanced in terms of entry by tester combinations. The number of blocks can differ for different testers.
- Missing cells can be indicated by anything. For text files, however, it cannot be left empty.
See the following as an example: