This function is built with the association and regression analysis and is used to remove the effects of some variables on a target variable.
- If you choose to remove the effects of some variables before conducting association analysis, a form with two list boxes will appear, which allows selecting any of the traits/markers as a covariate. Click OK when done.
- The selected traits/markers will be used as covariate;
- Multiple linear regression will be conducted using the target trait as dependent variable and the selected variables as independent variables
- Residuals of the regression will be calculated for each observation (entry), which will then be used as the dependent variable in further regression Analysis.
- The results of the covariate analysis will be printed to the log file.