Find Associated Markers
After deleting unwanted variables, the GGE biplot will contain only molecular markers plus the target trait kernel weight (KW). To limit markers to those that are significantly associated with KW, do the following:
- Under the main menu Association, click Find Associated Variables.... You will be asked to supply a probability level to be used to remove less strongly associated markers:
- Type a value (here 0.01) and click OK.
- The tester selecting device will appear on the top of the biplot, whereby the target trait can be specified.
- Select KW from the drop-down list as the target variable, and click Find.
- Another input box appears, asking if you want to use any variables as covariable:
- GGEbiplot will calculate the correlation between KW and each of the markers and associated probability, based on which markers that are not significantly associated with KW will be excluded:
Also see: Find Associated Variables