Rank entries based on any given tester
- Under the main menu of Biplot Tools, click Examine a tester.
- An entry/tester selecting pane will appear on the top of the biplot:
- Select a tester, e.g., "E1", from the drop-down box and click the Rank button, the biplot will become as follows:
- The following changes are made to the biplot:
1. All testers except the selected tester ("TEST1") are re-labeled as "E" to make the selected tester stands out.
2. A red line is drawn to pass through the biplot origin and the selected "TEST1", with an arrow pointing to it from the biplot origin. This red line is referred to as the "TEST1 Axis".
3. A blue line is drawn to pass through the biplot origin and to be perpendicular to the TEST1 Axis, referred to as the perpendicular line.
- The entries are ranked based on their performance with respect to TEST1 along the TEST1 Axis with greater values in the direction of the red arrow: Entry7 > Entry5 > Entry2 > Entry4 > Entry1 > Entry6 > Entry3.
- Entries on the same side of the perpendicular line as TEST1 had higher-than-average values with respect to TEST1; Entries on the other side of the perpendicular line as TEST1 had lower-than-average values with respect to TEST1; and entries on the perpendicular line had exactly the average value with respect to TEST1. Thus, we have: Entry7 > Entry5 > Entry2 > average >= Entry4 > Entry1 > Entry6 > Entry3. Here Entry4 is only slightly lower than the average.
- The entries can be ranked this way relative to any other testers.